Achari Qeema Recipe 2023: Achari Qeema is a delicious Pakistani dish that dates back thousands of years. It is an appetizing and savory entrée, which is cooked in spices and yogurt, and to hear it described as irresistible is a gross understatement. Traditionally made with beef or mutton, Achari Qeema can also be prepared with chicken or fish.
Achari Qeema is a spicy and tangy Pakistani dish that is made with minced meat (qeema) and pickling spices. Here’s a recipe to make Achari Qeema at home:
- Minced meat (beef or lamb): 500g
- Vegetable oil: 2 tablespoon
- Finely Chopped Onion: 2 Large
- garlic cloves, minced: 3-4 Large
- Ginger paste: 1 Tablespoon
- Tomato paste: 2 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 Tablespoon
- Fennel seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Nigella seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Green Chillies: 2-3
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 Tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- yogurt: 1/2 cup
- chopped fresh coriander: 1/2 cup
- Lemon wedges and sliced onions for garnish
How to make Chicken Nihari: Recipe 2023
- Wash and preheat a large pot over medium heat. Add cumin, fennel, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, nigella seeds, and fenugreek seeds. Fry for about 1 minute until the spices are fragrant.
- Sauté chopped onions over high heat until they become golden brown.
- Add garlic paste and ginger to the mix and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss minced meat and onions in a pan and fry them for five minutes until they are browned.
- Add tomato paste, green chilies, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
- Mix the yogurt well so as not to let lumps form.
- Set the frying pan on top of a burner and turn the heat down. Let the meat cook slowly for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, add fresh coriander and incorporate it.
- Garnish the salad with sliced onions and lemon wedges.
The main course can be paired with a flatbread or rice. Enjoy your own recipe for Achari Qeema!