How to make beef Nihari: A traditional Pakistani and Indian entrée made of slow-cooked beef in a rich and flavorful sauce is beef nihari. It is usually served alongside naan bread or rice.
Beef Nihari is a popular and tasty Pakistani dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. It is made of slow-cooked beef in an aromatic spiced gravy, and can be served with either rice or bread. Each region of Pakistan has its own unique take on the traditional recipe, making it a great way to explore the country’s diverse culinary culture.
- 1 kg beef, bone-in and cut into pieces
- Ghee or oil: 1 cup
- Sliced Onion: 2 Large
- Ginger garlic paste: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: 2 teaspoons
- Red chili powder: 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder: 2 teaspoons
- cumin powder: 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoons
- Garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seed powder: 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cace powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Wheat flour: 1/2 cup
- water: 8-10 cups
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons l
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, sliced ginger, and green chili peppers for garnish
How to Make Beef Nihari Recipe: Instructions
- Place the ghee or oil in a large pot or a dutch oven over medium heat, then stir in the onions. Cook them over medium-low heat until they turn golden brown.
- Add a teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste and stir the mixture.
- Cook the meat until all sides are browned.
- Add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, fennel seed powder, nutmeg powder, mace powder, and black pepper powder. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add flour one spoonful at a time come to realize that the flour has been incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Pour in 8-10 cups of water and mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, then lower the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for 4 to 5 hours, unil the meat is fully tender and crumbles with ease.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Chopped fresh cilantro, bcm, and unripe serrano peppers can be replaced with fresh coriander leaves, ginger slices, and green chilies. Serve with naan bread or rice.
Enjoy your delicious Beef Nihari!