Makhani Dal Chana Recipe 2023: It is a very popular Indian meal made from staple legumes. Full of taste from nuts, Chana dal is loved for its nutty aroma and flavor, as well as for its consistency and buttery taste. It is sometimes eaten with steamed rice and warm naan.
Sure, I’ll help cook an Indian dish called Makhani Dal Chana that’s likely to feed 4-6 people. Here’s a guide you can follow that does the dishes just as well.
- 1 cup chana dal: (split chickpeas)
- 2 cups: water
- 2 tablespoons: ghee or butter
- 1 medium onion: finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon: ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 medium tomatoes: finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon: cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon: coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon: turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon: red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup: cream
- 1/4 cup: chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
Makhani Dal Chana Recipe 2023: Recipe
- Make sure the chana dal is thoroughly rinsed in fresh water and then soaked in enough water for at least half an hour.
- Pour cold water over the soaked chana dal and add two cups of water to the pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet on medium-high heat, and add coriander or cumin if you fancy. Include the onion slices and cook until they are translucent.
- Cook the ginger-garlic concoction for an extra minute.
- I’ll add the chopped tomatoes, cumin, coriander, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt. Mix and cook until the tomatoes reach a mushiness.
- After the Instant Pot has done its work, open the pressure cooker and inspect if the chole is tender. It should be firm but not mushy.
- Add the chana dal to the tomato-onion mixture, mix well, and cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Heat the cream and add it to the other ingredients. Cook for 2-3 minutes before consuming.
- Serve a dish containing cilantro sprinkled with parsley on top, with rice or naan.
Bring your favorite Himalayan Milk Dall Chana for a taste.